Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Late nights

Well, it turns out that I like the ocean. I was at work from midnight to 10am today and despite the fact that a moderately torrential downpour was occurring between 1 and 3am, it was fairly relaxing. Watching a baby manatee sleep has that effect. After the rain stopped but the wind was still going pretty well, I was walking around looking at Miami across the bay and it was actually fairly pretty, which is a strange thing to say about any city. Maybe the fact that I couldn't hear it because it was so far away helped, or that I had been awake for almost 20 hours and my eyesight was starting to blur, but it was neat. Oh, and the manatee is absurdly cute.

2 comments:

Jamie / Jade said...

show us pictures! I wanna see a baby manatee!

Surei said...

Me too! Don't hog all that cuteness to yourself.