Monday, October 27, 2008

Big Plans

I have them. Yes I do. At the moment, there are plans in the works to map out and perpetrate a bicycle ride around the island of O'ahu. This is made more difficult by the fact that I don't have my bike here, but there is a store nearby that will rent me a road bike in my size for a (somewhat) reasonable price. After a little searching for routes to take, I've finally settled on one that is about 14o miles long and includes a hike that is approximately 5 miles thru a state park/game land on the northwest corner. That might actually be a nice place to spend the night now that I think about it. I wonder if I could find anyone who wants to go with me. I would also be traveling without a tent during the rainy season, but perhaps camping on the leeward side would protect me from the torrential downpours that seem to be a nightly (and daily) occurance 'round these parts. I wonder if I can pull this off, because it would be fun. Maybe I can get my dad to come bike with me. He's retired now, or so I hear. He even went fishing the other day.

No comments: