Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mission: Productivity. Status: SUCCESS!

Well, this weekend I had my first days off in about a month. In fact, I had three of them. In a row. First day was spent with you typical lounging around, beach napping, and reading, but the second day, woooooBOY!

8am: wake up
9am: get on bus, go to bank, deposit check, pick up prescription for roommate
10am: eat breakfast at Boots & Kimo's, a famous local breakfast place
11am: get back on the bus, go to Honolulu, get off at Ala Moana Center, and wander around the 4 story outdoor mall with KOI PONDS inside.
12pm: stop off at Swatch store to see if they can fix my watch pin problem. They not only do so, but they also clean it and re-size it for free!
1230pm: Go to the body exhibit. Walk thru the skeletal system, respiratory system, circulatory system, nervous system, look at a body sliced into about 1oo different parts. It is AWESOME. Sadly, pictures were not allowed
2pm:Go to the bookstore
3pm: leave the bookstore
310pm: pick up watch, go have a wonderfully spicy burger and a beer while reading my new book that I picked up. Also talked to my parents for about half an hour. That was nice.
4pm: Walk into the Honolulu Zoo. I get in for $4 because I'm a "local".
5pm: get chased out of the zoo because they are closing
7pm: get home, eat dinner. Productivity successful.

Oh, and the other night I was mistaken by a local for his friend's son. Apparently I don't look like a haole too much. Probably because I'm not blond.

In other news, THIS is really kinda funny if it's true.

No comments: