Saturday, June 13, 2009

Unconventional Pirate

After losing his leg to a falling beer keg
The pirate spent a week as a gimp
The doctor did say in a cheerful way
You'll soon walk again with a limp
The candle burned bright all thru the night
And with sunrise begins our story
Of the corsair with the curly hair
Who walked his way to glory

Now the truth be told, if I may be so bold
He was man not without charm
And many a lass did find his company sublime
And paraded about on his arm
Where once was his leg instead of a peg
Our hero walked with the aid
Of a new limb crafted on whim
From the haft of a garden spade

Now in all the land I've found naught a man
(You'd better believe me, I've tried)
Who'd found more treasure while walking with leisure
Digging for gold with every stride
Now if you've no quarrel, I'll tell you the moral
Of this tale without woe
Treasure can be found in places abound
If we just look where ever we go


Dedicated to...well, you know who. And if you don't, you'll know him if you ever meet him.

3 comments:

Michael NightTime said...

I like this.
Can't think of who it might be about though. . . :-D

Unknown said...

Aaah! I'd forgotten about that conversation! This poem makes me miss ACDC dinnertimes.

s.m.k. said...

Ahahahaha. That's all.