Monday, March 17, 2008

Working out, Caffeine, St. Patrick's Day, and Maiming

Each in their own time

Working out
So, the other day, I thought it would be a good day to bike to work, so I hopped on my bike at 8 of the clock, and rode there. After I arrived, I was informed that the person who was supposed to do half of the scrubbing had called in sick. Now, scrubbing involves man-handling a 40lb piece of stainless steel and fiberglass that rotates at about 60 RPM around the inside of an underwater pool and cleaning all the algae off every surface. So, I had to do about 4 hours of scrubbing by myself. In the middle of this 4 hours, I had to go get more air tanks, because SCUBA diving requires breathing, so filling 16 air tanks (each weighing in at about 35-40 lbs) was required of me. After all that, I had to bike the 8 or so miles home.

Caffeine:
After I got home from this day from hell, my roommates friends, who were visiting, decided they all wanted to go out for the evening, so I decided to go with them. We had some fun, we goofed off, and I got home at 1am. The next day at work, after all this, I was feeling the exhaustion from the previous day's exertion, so I decided to try some iced coffee. Now, I consider coffee to be the Devil's Drink, and will avoid it whenever possible. However, this time, it wasn't that bad. I think I'm on the path to damnation. I made it thru that day utilizing only caffeine and sheer determination. It was epic.

St. Patrick's Day:
This one's for the boys- Tim proposed a challenge of sorts on his blog, to which I must respond. Finding of St. Patty's Day related videos, and I found a good one that makes me think of all my friends, many of whom have their own blogs and might eventually find this.


Maiming:
So, at St. Patty's Day street party, a friend of mine showed up with her boyfriend, who comprises half of the list of "people in the world Justin would literally take a baseball bat to". Now, this may seem rather harsh, until you realize that this guy has beat the shit out of my friend about 4 times. He's tried to run her over with his car, he's tried to drag her down some concrete steps, she's come to me for protection, and she's had him arrested, but every single time, she's ended up with this #$%#$%$^&^*(*()%$#@@er again. After all this crap, she's gone back to him 3 times. Near the end of our celebrations, she showed up and hung out around us with this human being whom I have seriously considered introducing to a piece of lumber. It was a bad end to a good evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a truly bizarre video. You can't quite see their lips moving, so it just looks like you're watching skinny men in bathing suits and bad breakdancing to go with the song.

Surreal.

Nekkid Ape said...

and I love it.