Friday, September 12, 2008

Champions, cookies, and chimpanzees

My team lead/area supervisor is a champion. The other day we were at work, and a car was coming toward us as we walked down the middle of the road. I automatically went "Caaar!" and we stepped out of the way. As the car passed us, I opened my mouth to say "Game on!" (which is something I've been doing to my roommates since I got here, much to their confusion), when my boss beat me to it. That combined with the fact that he is taller than me and an triathlete wins all kinds of respect with me. He's a nice guy too.

I started working in the cookie shop today, and it smelled nice. The job is far from exciting, but it pays, which is something that my other job is decidedly lacking. I also get fringe benefits, such as eating the "deformed" cookies (i.e. those that have fused to another) and the "burnt" ones (i.e. the ones that are a bit too brown, but still delicious).

Sadly, there have been no chimpanzees. I just felt that the title needed a third word to make it sound neater.

No comments: