Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Instruction manual

Well, in a little less than 4 months, it seems that I will be an uncle. Sugar and spice and everything nice is coming to my brother and his wife, and around about mid-January, I shall forever become Uncle Justin to someone. This is through no choice of my own, but responsibilities are tacked onto this title, the implications of which are far-and-wide-reaching. Perhaps nieces should come with an instruction manual on how to be everything you liked about your uncles while still being a unique and entertaining individual. What will this little lass expect of me? Clearly not much for the first several years of her life, but AFTER that, thank-you-very-much. I didn't volunteer for this, but I'm kind of looking forward to it. It's like practice: "warp your older brother's children while you practice for your own!" or maybe "Niece: like the real thing, but you can send it back." Jeez, what kind of things is this child going to be exposed to from me? I don't know, but I'd like to apologize to Trevor and Kim in advance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's going to be cool, though! I have a much-younger cousin (he's nine now) and I feel sort of aunt-like towards him - especially because all my other cousins are within three or four years of my age. You get to hang out with them, teach them things, discipline them from time to time, and have them think you're the best thing ever.

Unknown said...

Kids, like dogs and breasts, are awesome, but even better when they're not yours.

Have fun.

Unknown said...

Dammit, I need to stop posting while I'm logged in as A Different Spin.