Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First of 2 tonight

I just watched Barak Obama's victory speech. It was pleasant to listen to a man who could pronounce most nay, ALL of his words correctly; to listen to someone who could spend nearly 15 minutes talking and not once utter the work "nuclear" or, more importantly "nuculear". Watching his speech and reflecting, his style and crowd participation put me in mind of one JFK. A friend of mine, my freshman year at Vassar said to me: Have you heard about this junior senator from Illinois? Watch some of his speeches some time, I think we're going to be seeing more of him soon." While those may not have been his exact words, they are the general idea, and I think I may owe that guy a bit of money because I might have said something along the lines of "It'll be a bit longer than that before America has become liberal enough to elect a minority president." Apparently I was wrong.

No comments: