Thursday, November 27, 2008

T- Minus 7...

In a week, I will be leaving. I've quit my job(s), turn in my 2 weeks, booked my flights, and I'm off to Tennessee. I've just turned 25, I'm going to be an uncle, I have an insane urge to write stories, and tomorrow I'm cooking for 14 house mates (there's currently a 15lb turkey brining in a garbage bag in the bathtub, and a 25lb turkey thawing in the washroom sink). We'll see how it works out. I need to fix my computer so I can go back to writing those 2 stories I have slowly bouncing around and gathering brain-fluff the way a carelessly dropped snowball gathers more and more flakes until it turns into an avalanche that crushes small unsuspecting Swiss villages. Plural. I spent this day off movie-hopping. I paid to see Bolt, an entertaining animated bit, walked out of that just as the new Bond movie was starting, walked into that, and left that about 5 minutes after Australia began, but that 5 minutes didn't really matter all that much, it turns out. All of them were decent movies, but despite the fact that this seems to be the first 007 movie to actually be a direct sequel to its predecessor, it was the weakest link in this afternoon's lineup. Not enough Bond-oriented gadgets and far too much ambient generic technology.

anyway, that appears to be all for now, despite the fact that I have not said much since the day before my birthday. Major life update: I've decided to take the job offer and work with sharks, in case you hadn't already been informed.

No comments: