Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I went running and my mind wandered.

The motion, it sets me free
My body burns and aches to quit
I push it farther than it's meant to go
Sweat fills my eyes, and it's hard to see
Please stop, please wait, please rest and sit
My body begs but I tell it no

Muscles fill with burning acid
Lungs that sting and taste like bile
I keep going with legs still striding
My mind is empty and face is placid
My feet are wings for a short while
When I'm done, they return to hiding

I throughly love my new shoes. Vibram Five Fingers are AMAZING
The only bad thing is that my calf muscles aren't used to that much of a workout yet, so they're going to be SORE tomorrow. A week or so of running in these, however, and I think they'll be tough enough that it shouldn't hurt.

1 comment:

Nekkid Ape said...

abc, abc is not really a viable rhyme scheme, it seems...