Saturday, February 9, 2008

So...I'm an idiot.

Well, I went out for a friend's birthday tonight, and walked down the wrong dark alley.

When I realized that I'd gone the wrong way and turned around, right behind me was a sport utility vehicle full of puppies. Yellow lab puppies. I stopped and looked at them, and asked how much they were, because I've wanted some canine company for the past several months. "$300" was my reply. I sighed, and kept playing with the only puppy that was awake. She started to gnaw on my arm, and roll around and generally be absurdly cute. The guy laughed and said "She like you. For you, $200." A good salesman knows his mark, and this guy was decent at his job, and he had an easy mark. I caved. I'm now the owner of a 2 month old yellow labrador puppy that I named Chloe. She's absurdly cute, and very frie
ndly. She also sniffs everything, and has caused this post to be re-typed about 4 times due to her attempts to occupy the same part of my lap as my computer.

1 comment:

Michael NightTime said...

WOOF!
good work Swampy.
at least you have a puppy, and not a baby.