Friday, February 29, 2008

Scam

Just a warning to all my friends and people who might read this. While recently reviewing my bank records, I found a charge for "PURCHASE MADE ON 02/23/08 AT RESERVATION REWARDS 800-7327031 CT" and a $10 charge. I'm pretty sure I've seen this on my bank statements before, but didn't think much of it, but this time I decided to look into it because it was still unfamiliar. I found out that this is fact a widely known and ongoing scam that is being run thru the interweb. Here is a site that gives some advice on how to deal with them. I shall be doing this tomorrow. Just a little note to tell you all to check your bank statements.

This has been a public service announcement from Swampy.

5 comments:

Nekkid Ape said...

Turns out these people respond to phone calls at 11pm. I will theoretically receive a refund for my 9 @#$%ing month enrollment in their scam within 3-5 business days. $90 will be nice to get back.

Unknown said...

Wow. That's horrific, and at the same time completely brilliant. It would be nice to know how they got your credit card info though; was it a travel site like the guy you linked to?

Nekkid Ape said...

mine was actually a purchase from Fandango.com. i asked them when I called and unenrolled and demanded my money back. I found out that they have some sort of deal with the shopping cart programs, where they can lift your card # from them.

Webloyalty Consumer Affairs said...

Dear Blogger:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate. Through this monitoring, we found this blog with your comments about our membership program, Reservation Rewards.

We see from your comments that you were able to contact our Customer Service department to cancel your membership and receive a refund as you wanted. We'd like the opportunity to further address your concern about how we obtained your credit card information by providing you with detailed information on how your membership was initiated. However, there is not enough information on your blog to identify who you are and find your membership record.

If you would like us to provide you with this information, or, if you need any other assistance, please let us know who you are by contacting us at 800-732-7031 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com.

Regards,
Mary O’Reilly
Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
Reservation Rewards

Nekkid Ape said...

Thank you for your time and effort, however I have NO wish to have any further dealings with you in the future. Please consider our association at an end. My money has been refunded because I was charged for a service that I never signed up for, was never asked to confirm, and never used.